On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 11:09:41AM -0400, Ricker, William wrote:
> > Could someone who has heard this talk before elaborate on what it is
> > really about?
>
> 'Uri' may be the only value for
>   grep {$Heard_by{SmallMiracles}{$_}} @[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> as it's only been done at YAPC::NA::2003 and a couple of *.PM's that are
> probably further away.
>
> As with all non-Perl6 DamianTalks, it will be amazing perl tricks of
> some sort. Unclear if it will have less of a theme or less of a strange
> theme than the others.
>
> If Uri doesn't answer, I'll ask Damian at Lunch for a better tease ...

We had Damian give that talk in Toronto a couple of years ago
(amongst others).

In the 24 hours he had to prepare for the keynote, he wrote,
tested and documented (to the extent necessary for the keynote
slideshow, not for a formal release) 24 different modules.

The first step was to write a module for producing slides,
since his normal use of PowerPoint required far more than 24
hours to produce and tune a presentation to the extent that
he normally does to get the well polished result we've come
to know and love.  It continued on from there.  IIRC, none of
the modules in that 24 hours involved an opportunity for him
to sleep.

As you might expect, the modules produced under those
constraints ranged for cute items that filled out the target
of 24 to powerful concepts worthy of full development (and a
number of them had been further developed).