On 10/30/05, Tal Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Since Perl is a major plus for this position, and since this is a very
> active group, I figured that I would throw the opportunity out there. Who
> knows, maybe someone is looking to leave the Boston area for somewhere where
> the cost of living is about 1/3... :)
>
> Tal
[...]

I fail to see how you expect to draw anyone competent with this ad.

Your inability to master basic netiquitte would make any competent
person very suspicious that the employer will be lacking significant
clues.  Your inability to understand that competent people aren't
generally looking to relocate (and if they do relocate, generally want
assistance) reinforces that.  Your mention that the cost of living is
about 1/3 strongly suggests that your offered salary will *also* be
about 1/3.

I'd suggest treating this ad as an IQ test.  Anyone who thinks it is
worth pursuing, flunked.

Next time use jobs.perl.org first.  And if you are going to try to
announce on a mailing list, ask someone who knows that mailing list
how it is supposed to be done.

Regards,
Ben