This can be said of many such tests. I'd just like to point out that your
last example, isn't. there is, *strictly speaking* only one correct answer.

>   Which one of the following regular expressions matches lines beginning
>   with an integer followed by a period and a space?

>   Choice 1  ^[0-9]*\.[ ]
>   Choice 2  ^\d\.\s
>   Choice 3  ^\d+\.[ ]
>   Choice 4  ^\n.\s
>   Choice 5  ^[0-9]\.\s

1: Matches '. '
2: Matches "3.\t"
3. Correct
4. Not even close
5. Matches "3.\t"

Note that in addition to 3 and 5 being off because of whitespace,
they only match single digits and not integers proper.
--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8