Fellow Mongers;

As a perl developer I am looking to contract someone on a part time basis to provide what I will call "graphic design" services for some web projects. I am a technician and certainly NOT an artistic being!!!

The question(s) I have are what terms and terminology do I use to express what I am looking for? I thought that those of you who may have been involved in this type of development for yourself, your small or large company or simply just know may be able to help me here.

I don't know if I need the skills of one person or multiple people. Here's what I need:

1) someone to listen to my concepts and ideas and from that come up with some ideas and sketches that should visually convey those ideas using combinations of colors, schemes, graphic shapes, font styles, etc. to achieve an overall site identity.

2) someone to be able to create any graphic shapes, banners, images (either static or animated) and deliver files of those creations.

3) if the site requires or calls for any flash stuff, then someone to either create the flash content and/or flash programming to arrive at the flash file.

I know my questions might seem all over the board but I'm flying blind at this point. My searches are returning firms that for a zillion dollars will produce what I am asking but in the scope of "Gone with the Wind". However, I'm looking for "small" to start. I've been talking with the graphics and arts departments of several colleges and universities about offering students and graduates some opportunities to show their stuff but the same issues keep coming up... what exactly are you looking for. And I cannot verbalize that using the proper terms.

So, if any of you can provide such information - please do as it is something that I am sure should eventually become part of most perl developers' vocabulary?

Thanks all!

Bob M
Hartford PM