I can see the potential conflict in interest in having someone who does
recruiting work handling the job postings.  Obviously it is a concern to
some of our members.

Very few job postings I received were rejected.  I often send them back to
the submitter for additional info.  I reformatted most of the job postings
myself to make them more readable (especially ones that were sent as HTML).

I posted job postings from my employers a few times.  I made sure they met
the usual requirements.

Personally, I like having job postings be vetted because it ensures that
each posting will have certain relevant information.

The current job posting guidelines were adopted by popular vote years ago.
Bill could call for another vote if we want to revise the guidelines.

I've included the current guidelines below, for convenience.

Ronald

Job postings may not be posted directly to the list.  Instead, job postings
should be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I will review each posting,
and either post it to the list or return it to the sender for editing.

When I send a job posting to the list, the Subject header will include the
string "[job]".

Guidelines for job postings:

1. Perl must be a primary aspect of the job.

2. The job must be located in the greater Boston area.

3. The following information should be included in the job posting:
   Required skill-set
   Contract or permanent position?
     Pay range, for contract positions
     Incentives, for permanent positions
   Placement through a recruiter, or directly with the company?
   Location, and whether telecommuting is available
   Company's product or service