Nice summary.  Thanks for posting.

He also mentioned that he has not come up with a good name for the new pattern matching syntax that is meant to replace perl5's regex. I applaud this renaming as "regex" (regular expression) is not very regular since it varies so much from grep/vim/sed/etc. However, "perl6's pattern matching" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as you might expect. Surely the perl community can help him come up with a good marketing term that puts perl6 on the map.

It's not as easy as it sounds, though. Here are some good and bad ideas I had:
Perl's Extended Regex Language -- unfortunate acronym collision
Perl's Matching Syntax -- probably not appropriate
Extended Search Pattern -- even the acronym implies power and insight
Ballistic Matching -- acronym implies steady flow of data that doesn't get backed up.