Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:35:50 -0400
From: "Uri Guttman" <u...@stemsystems.com>
Subject: [Boston.pm] schwag for next meeting
To: boston-pm@mail.pm.org

hi all,

o'reilly sent me some new books to give out at our next meeting. i have
2 copies of the second edition of system administration with perl. it is
written by david blank-edelman who teaches at northeastern. i heard
something that he may even want to give a talk to us about the
book. bill or i will look into that more.

the other book (1 copy) is the regular expressions cookbook. it has
'detailed solutions in eight programming languages'. those are c#,
vb.crap, java, javascript, perl, python, ruby and php. as with other
cookbooks it is organized by recipes which shows the regex solution to a
problem and then all the variations needed for the different langs.

so we will have to come up with a way to award these books to worthy
pm'ers. any ideas are welcome.

thanx,

uri

--