> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:54:33 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Boston.pm] Boston-pm Digest, Vol 85, Issue 8
> From: em...@greglondon.com
> To: ac.russ...@live.com
> CC: boston-pm@mail.pm.org
>
> arus wrote:
> >> Greg wrote:
> >> Unfortuanately, no one has ported perl to android.
> >>
> > Incorrect.
> > There is a port to android available through
> > the android script layer.
> > I have experimented with it a little and it looks promising.
> > http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/
>
> Cool!
>
> I hope to pick up a Motorola Xtreme as soon as one is available.
>
> I'm a bit concerned about interpreting perl on a
> 1 ghz ARM-CortexA8 processor, but, really, who cares,
> it's perl! On a phone!
Just another note but there has been the port to Symbian OS
which has been around for a while. In fact, I was one of the
more recent persons to have submitted code for that port.
Currently Symbian is at 5.10 with only a small subset of modules ported.
If you want a more hardcore mobile project to work on Symbian might be it.
Then again Symbian has about .0001% of the share of smartphone hype in the US
relative to apple and android, it seems...