>> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:54:33 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [Boston.pm] Boston-pm Digest, Vol 85, Issue 8
>> From: em...@greglondon.com
>> To: ac.russ...@live.com
>> CC: boston-pm@mail.pm.org

>> > Incorrect.
>> > There is a port to android available through
>> > the android script layer.
>> > I have experimented with it a little and it looks promising.
>> > http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/
>>
>> Cool!
>>
>> I hope to pick up a Motorola Xtreme as soon as one is available.
>>
>> I'm a bit concerned about interpreting perl on a
>> 1 ghz ARM-CortexA8 processor, but, really, who cares,
>> it's perl! On a phone!
> Just another note but there has been the port to Symbian OS
> which has been around for a while. In fact, I was one of the
> more recent persons to have submitted code for that port.
> Currently Symbian is at 5.10 with only a small subset of modules ported.
> If you want a more hardcore mobile project to work on

Certainly, at some point down the road I hope that my
droid-java(perl?) powered death star will allow me to
become the ultimate power in the universe.

But right now I'd be happy if I could do "hello world".

anyone know of an excellent Java book that they would
highly recommend (couldn't hurt if it explains java and bytecode)?