Hi John,

On Thursday 15 Jul 2010 18:57:53 John Redford wrote:
> Asa Martin wrote:
> Sadly, I cannot recommend a good book on JavaScript, which is a shame
> because JavaScript is one of the best-designed languages ever.  Perl is
> actually a pretty good background to learn JavaScript, because it has a
> number of similar features (regexps, closures, dynamic typing) and also has
> a object oriented programming style that is built on minimal language
> support.  https://developer.mozilla.org/En/JavaScript -- This is as good as
> it gets.

"JavaScript is one of the best-designed languages ever". You don't appear to
be joking. In order to counter that, I'll link to my newly unveiled "Don't
Abuse JavaScript!" page:

http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/anti/javascript/

I point to many shortcomings of JavaScript there and encourage people not to
extend its use to other realms outside web-browser scripting.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish