Anthony Caravello writes:

> Queuing systems aren't really new or 'technofrippery'.  In-memory FIFO
stacks
> are ridiculously fast compared to transaction safe rdbms' for this simple
> purpose.  Databases incur a lot of overhead for wonderful things that
don't aid
> this cause.

No one said queuing systems are new. If you intend to mistake an instance
for a class, then you shall only address your mistake.

Indeed, a purely in-memory system is fast.  In the relational database world
this is generally called a "temporary table", and it can be used to
efficiently process information between phases that require persistence.

I am not planning to explain everything about RDBMS technology that people
might do well to understand.