the amount of test code is likely to far
exceed the amount of code being tested!

The industry standard rule of thumb for ASICs is the pre-tapeout verification effort is 3x the desigm effort.

On 2022-09-13 09:05, Bill Ricker via Boston-pm wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Adam Russell <ac.russ...@live.com> wrote:

Ok, I think I definitely mixed up some terms here.

Yes, it does seem that separate Unit and Integration testing is the
winning meta-pattern!

Indeed, both is better than either alone. (This bothers some theologians.)

that the amount of test code is likely to far exceed the amount of code
being tested!

This feels annoying, but can be a good thing.
- Bugs in the test code cause localized problems only and are easier to fix. - If the tests run regularly, they serve as documentation that's guaranteed
up-to-date-with-the-code

Trick to minimizing the amount of scaffolding code is picking your test
tools and test boundaries.