Regarding the question I asked during tonight's talk when wondering
about the Fredericton perl-mongers, this blog entry is what I could
find:

https://blog.alternation.net/post/49194688706/accouncing-frederictonpm

He also has a nice entry about the Debian Perl group:
https://blog.alternation.net/post/49194683918/joining-the-debian-perl-group

Looking further I found a programmer with that name in UNB's history
pages, but I think not the same one. Perhaps a relation?

https://blog.alternation.net/post/49194688706/accouncing-frederictonpm

Sorry if this is not of general interest. I have family up there and
lived there when very young, so it interested me. But perhaps it's also
a nice story of Perl reaching into a smaller city and an individual
helping make it more popular there as well as contributing to global Perl.