Hi James,
I am not familiar with the TBRN but I can tell you that to
stream with the BN you must have your internet settings
configured properly. When you are in Key Web, go to your internet
options menu and then press "I" and then "F" You can then choose
whether you want streaming turned on or off. It sounds like you
have it turned off. In that situation, it would do as you
described and would attempt to save the stream as a download.
That is what you want when you are downloading certain files such
as a song or one of Joseph's tutorials but not when trying to
stream live radio. I hope this helps you.
Sincerely,
Nikki B.
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Scholes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[email protected]
Date sent: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:13:01 -0000
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] "streaming with braillenote?
Hi, just to add my experiences here, when I tried to listen to
the tbrn (the
beyond radio network) stream, it saved the mp3 file which was
called
tbrn.mp3 in the downloads directory of the flashdisk, and when I
opened that
file in the media player, it streamed for about 2 seconds and
then returned
to the "media file to play?" prompt. So, I played the tbrn.mp3
file again,
and got the exact same 2 seconds of content I had played earlier.
That's
just my thoughts on the matter of streaming with the BN, I was
just testing
if it would play tbrn, just for fun, but I can't say I am
surprised that it
didn't work.
James Scholes
=================================================================
===============
Contact Details:
E-mail/MSN:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: james.scholes
Phone: (44)7765365980
Check out my blog at
http://jamesscholes.wordpress.com
And my podcast feed at
http://www.gcast.com/u/jamesscholes/main.xml
--------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Hallsworth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 4:08 AM
To: "Claude Everett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Alex Parks'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Richard Ring'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[email protected]
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] "streaming with braillenote?
Hi, I have successfully managed to stream ACB Radio using my
BrailleNote
mPower, so yes it's possible. Hope that helps.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Claude Everett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "'Alex Parks'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Richard Ring'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 3:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] "streaming with braillenote?
Can you stream live Audio with the brailleNote?
Claude Everett
American by chance, Californian by choice.
Everyone has a disability, some are more aware of it than
others.
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote