Thanks, Jeff. The adapter only gets a little warm while charging. As you
mentioned, exercising the display evidently draws so much current that it
heats the adapter a lot more.
Only a few pins are failing to come up all the way, and exercising the
display seemed to help a little. I will have to send the unit in eventually,
but I hope I can wait awhile. I upgraded from a Braille Lite, and I am
keeping that as a backup for now, so I can do without the mPower when
necessary.
Paula
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Molzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Paula and James Muysenberg'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 9:46 PM
Subject: RE: [BrailleNote] New User, a couple of Questions
> Hello Paula:
>
> Let me also extend my welcome to the wonderful world of BrailleNote. The
> good news is that you DO NOT need a system disk to reload the BrailleNote
> back to factory specs. All the factory original settings are stored on the
> system Disk ROM that and can be reset on the BrailleNote with the right
kind
> of reset. As to the adapter getting too hot, this is probably due to the
> exercising the display which draws a huge amount of power from the onboard
> battery and subsequently from the plugged in charger. To be sure of this,
> work with the BrailleNote off the charger and work it down to less than 5
%
> level and then recharge it. Check the adapter if it still seems hot, you
may
> want to consider replacing the charger. I notice that my charger feels a
bit
> hot after a full charge, but not excessively. I notice that my VoiceNote
> (Little brother to your BrailleNote) takes about 4 hours to come to a full
> charge. If it takes significantly longer or shorter than this time period,
> then the charger may be bad or the battery is going bad on the unit. These
> chargers and the batteries in the BrailleNote are specifically designed to
> work together and a basic charge is slow and as I said should take about 4
> to 6 hours.
>
> I'm not sure what to tell you about the pin that won't come back up all
the
> way but to suggest that you see how much it interferes with your use of
the
> unit. If it does interfere, then you are probably looking at sending the
> unit in.
>
> Please feel free to ask any questions of the list as we all are very happy
> to share our knowledge.
>
> Let us know how we can help
> Jeff
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
signature database 3128 (20080523) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote