Joseph,

By a "shortcut" to zip things, I assume you mean that you want to see
the function incorporated into KeySoft.  I agree - although I don't
think it is honestly a huge priority, I do think it would be a nice
touch.

"Plugins" aren't going to happen until an SDK is released, so I'm not
sure to what you're referring and how it relates to the BookShare
support that was added - and honestly, guys, how often do we see .rar,
.tar.gz or other sorts of archives in a notetaking environment? - but
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to any improvements that could be made
where archives are concerned.

Cheers,

Grant

On 3/26/09, Joseph Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi Grant, Alex and list,
> This is the very reason why I said that BrailleNote offers so
> many potentials.  This handling of zip archive is, I should say,
> an unintended side-effect brought by Bookshare book support in
> this version.  The next step that I feel that should come alive
> would be a shortcut to zip files and folders, as well as at least
> an external plug-in to support rar and other archive formats.
> Cheers,
> Joseph P.S.  Thanks for confirming our theory, Alex.
>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>>From: Grant Hardy <[email protected]
>>To: BrailleNote mailing list <[email protected]
>>Date sent: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:04:49 -0700
>>Subject: Re: [Braillenote] How cool! Zip files can now be opened!
>
>>Hi Alex,
>
>>The only times I've ever seen tar.gz archives were on the
> download
>>sites for code for open-source software.  It therefore seems
> unlikely
>>or impractical for such an addition to be made to the BrailleNote
> - or
>>any other notetaker for that matter.
>
>>I am, however, very pleased that my trusty mPower will now handle
> zip
>>archives.  I use Gmail to manage my Email (which works
> beautifully in
>>the BrailleNote's web browser), and if someone sends you an Email
> with
>>several attachments, Gmail can automatically zip all of them up
> into
>>one archive ready for downloading.  It's been a pleasure to
> extract
>>those archives on my mPower, complete with the option of having
>>KeySoft automatically erase the archive after it is extracted.
>
>>Good job Humanware!
>
>>Cheers,
>
>>Grant
>
>>On 3/26/09, Alex Hall <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> Yeah, now they just need to incorperatex more; mark files to be
>>> zipped, change the prompts when unzipping, even support tar.gz
>>> files (which would put us ahead of other notetakers).
>
>>> Have a great day,
>>> Alex
>
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>From: Jose Lomeli <[email protected]
>>>>To: [email protected]
>>>>Date sent: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:55:37 -0700
>>>>Subject: [Braillenote] How cool! Zip files can now be opened!
>
>>>>Hello; Listers, This is cool! We can now open zipped files on the
>>>>BrailleNote! This is a major step up for Humanware! Great job
>>>>Humanware!
>>>>Jose Lomeli
>>>>Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
>>>>Visit my website: http://All4Webs.com/q/2/jlomeli9393
>>>>System details: BrailleNote mPOWER BT32 Keysoft version 7.5 build
>>>>29
>
>
>>>>___
>>>>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>>>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>>>>copy to the list as well.
>
>>>>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>>>>[email protected]
>>>>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>>>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
>
>
>>> ___
>>> Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>> If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>>> copy to the list as well.
>
>>> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>>> [email protected]
>>> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>>> http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
>
>
>
>>___
>>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>>copy to the list as well.
>
>>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>>[email protected]
>>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
>
>

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to