Hi Kim,
As to that, I experienced it myself. In this case, it might be due to power
management. In other words, when a USB device is connected, it only operates
with low power; only with the permission of the USB host computer then the
device can switch to higher power mode. The theory here is to not allow a
uSB device to "blow out" a computer with so much power requirements at once.
In the case of your discussion, it seems that the BrailleNote "did"
recognized the thumb drive (properly known as USB flash drive), but it
couldn't offer enough power to announce its presence.
Hope this explanatios helps.
Cheers,
Joseph P.S. Welcome to the list (I think this is my first reply to your
post).

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kim
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Braillenote] Recognizing thumb drive

Hi,

I have yet another question.  I jjust got a new thumb drive.  
It's been formatted.  when I plug it into my VN it does not 
recognize it until I do a reset on the VN.  This is a pain in the 
you know what.  My old thumb drive works fine.

Thanks for any ideas.

Kim

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.13.0/2209 - Release Date: 06/30/09
11:37:00


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to