And I will say this again: I would have agreed with that five years ago, but with everything from a media player to web browser now included, even such an advanced browser to support javascript and cookies, I think that we can at least expect the functionality of a sighted pda. That is, built-in wifi, more ram, multi-tasking, better web browsing, better wordprocessing, more choices for IM clients (Google Talk? I no of no one on that network), and so on. Can my bn replace my pc? No. Would I rather have my pc down for a week than be without my bn? Yes. This is mainly because of being able to read books, use a simple email client, and, above all, have a Braille keyboard for it all. I know I am not alone in this, so I feel that an update on features that will make this device even better is overdue from Humanware, not that they will listen. Oh well, worth a try.

Have a great day,
Alex

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <[email protected]
To: "'peter greco'" <[email protected]>,"'Alex Hall'"
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,<[email protected]
re.com>,<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,<
[email protected]>,<[email protected]
rg
Date sent: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 21:51:47 -0700
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] keysoft 8

Hi Peter and list,
Alex is correct in this case. All I want to add is this: just I
have been
stressing it lately, BrailleNote is not a PC replacement - it is
a PC
companion, folks. You need to realize that developing for this
type of
embedded devices is not an easy task, particularly when it comes
to
operating system overhaul such as between Windows CE.net 4.2 and
Windows
Embedded CE 6.0.
For those who are wondering as to what's new with CE6, I suggest
that you
investigate the Internet for more information.
Sorry for harshness...  but I had to say something...
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
peter greco
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:29 PM
To: Alex Hall; [email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected]
Subject: re: [Braillenote] keysoft 8

Alex, you're most knowledgable! Can a CE upgrade happen without
anything needing to be done to the Braille Note unit, the mPower?
In your opinion, if the answer is yes, then why would HW not been
doing it?
Peter.
Peter.

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Hall <[email protected]
To: peter greco <[email protected]>, [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
Date sent: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 21:17:21 -0400
Subject: re: [Braillenote] keysoft 8

I am going to say...  no way.  They have already said it will be
one sma count, so a ce upgrade is not going to happen, and they
have never done anything extra, no matter the delay.  I would of
course LOVE to be completely wrong, but from trends in the past I
would say that nothing beyond what we have already been told will
come will come (the sentence works if you look at it for a
minute).  All this is just my opinion; I have no inside track or
anything, so don't quote me to hw when you charge the gates
demanding the upgrade with extra features in exchange for the
incredible delay.  <smile

Have a great day,
Alex

----- Original Message -----
From: peter greco <[email protected]
To: Alex Hall <[email protected]>,
[email protected],[email protected],
[email protected],[email protected],
[email protected],[email protected]
Date sent: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:44:06 +0930
Subject: re: [Braillenote] keysoft 8

Is it at all possible that KS 8 may have more things that have
being requested? Do ferrytales still happen?
Peter.

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Hall <[email protected]
To: "David Thomas" <[email protected]>,
[email protected],[email protected],
[email protected],[email protected],
[email protected]
Date sent: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 19:10:02 -0400
Subject: re: [Braillenote] keysoft 8

Wow...  Fall of 2008, February 2009, April 2009, June 2009, now
August of 2009? Come on!! Just a status update would be nice, but
all this silence and then the users having to ask tech support,
who aren't allowed to say anything about upcoming releases
anyway, for a timeline of a product that is nearing a year late
in coming? HW's PR team really needs an overhaul, in my 2-cent
opinion.

Have a great day,
Alex

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Thomas" <[email protected]
To: <[email protected]>,
<[email protected]>,"jaws users group"
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,
<[email protected]
Date sent: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:04:25 -0500
Subject: [Braillenote] keysoft 8

I just got off the phone with humanware to talk aboutt a rma.  At
the end I asked about keysoft 8 and they said that is projected
to be out at the end of summer.
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.8/2227 - Release Date:
07/09/09
05:55:00


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to