I agree. This stuff is expensive! If Microsoft released a Windows upgrade that only had, say, a wordprocessor that would only open a couple types of unpopular documents and a web browser that was slow, think of all the outrage against that company! Look at Vista, which MS admits was basically a bad move, and it had a lot of features that work well (voice commands, the program search in the start menu, and so on), and how people still got on them about that. Do they have the right to get mad about something they spend a hundred or two hundred dollars on? Yes, and we spend that kind of money for our upgrades, so I think we have a right to demand the features we would find most useful and to get frustrated when those requests are ignored or only added half-heartedly. After all, without customers, HW would be out of business. I have heard more talk of switching notetakers, and more announcements of bn units for sale, in the last year or so than ever before, and it is because, I feel, the bn keeps not living up to the competition; it runs the slowest processor, smallest ram and rom, and oldest version of CE of the three major notetaker series out there, and its maker has expressed no plans to change that in years. I, for one, and frustrated with hw, and feel that I have every right to be. There, I have said my piece, and will try to refrain from furthering this thread more.

Have a great day,
Alex

----- Original Message -----
From: Rhonda Stogner <[email protected]
To: "mike welty" <[email protected]>,
[email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected]
Date sent: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:26:45 +1200
Subject: [Braillenote] Expressing Opinions

Hello Mike:

I am going to try to say this with respect, though I admit when I
read many of your messages, they make me a little bit irritated.

People have the right to express their opinions without being put
down for them.  Humanware didn't "give" anything.  People
purchased their upgrades.  Someone may have purchased yours, I
don't know.  What do you mean "be grateful you get anything at
all?" For the price of upgrades, and the units, I'm not sure what
you mean.  Any time someone says something, you jump on them.  Be
grateful you have a computer, and you know how to use it.  Many
people don't know how to use one.  Many people don't want one.
It wouldn't hurt you to respect the rights of others.  I'm very
happy you are totally satisfied with your equipment, and that you
desire nothing different.  But please allow people to express
their frustration.  Sometimes, more can be learned by letting out
frustration, because ideas are shared.







----- Original Message -----
From: "mike welty" <[email protected]
To: "sammie clay" <[email protected]>,"Joseph Lee"
<[email protected]>,
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,
<[email protected]
Date sent: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:34:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] virtual memory

ok, how nice of you.  HW just releases a new version of KS and
you already
start in on them.  be grateful you get anything at all

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to