Yes, I have seen this go wrong and cause the apex to never be picked
up by the phone at all. The consequences were not diar, but they did
involve a reset that caused the user to have to re-install license
files. Besides, this goes against the instructions that everyone seems
to use, and even against the instructions on the hw site.
Yes, I am also annoyed at the less-than-elegant way iOS detects an
apex, but it is a minor inconvenience compared to what you can do once
the two devices are linked. I have always wanted to rename a device
"apex000123", even if it isn't an apex, and see what happens...

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscr...@list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote