This went only to me, so i'm passing it along. Very valuable point!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michele Thredgold <michele.thredg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:53:50 +0930
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Bluetooth Connection Problem
To: Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com>, michele.thredg...@gmail.com

Hi all.  I thought I'd share with you the solution to the mystery
of my bluetooth problem.  If you remember, I couldn't get my
IBlue 747 PRO GPS receiver to work.  Well, I had an orientation
and mobility instructor from Guide Dogs SA&NT look into it.  We
looked at the instruction manual, went on the Net and even looked
at the cd and nowhere were there any bluetooth drivers.  It
turned ought the same with both receivers which had been sent to
me.  In the end, after about twenty minutes of fiddling, we rang
the middle man who had ordered them and it turned out he'd been
talked into ordering a later model made by the same company
called the IBlue 747 Pro S.  The difference between that and the
original 747 PRO is that this 747 PRO S has no bluetooth, even
though it is a later model; and you have to install special USB
drivers so it can work via Usb on the BrailleNote.  As they say
these days: "go figure!".  Needless to say, I am sending both
receivers back and have requested a refund.

The one consolation out of all this is that I'm not as dim as I
thought.  A big thank-you to everyone for their advice.  Just
make sure you don't buy an IBlue 747 PRO S instead of a 747 PRO,
unless you are quite sure what you're getting (grin).

Michele