> I agree. I think I mentioned the Dyslexia and that I was fine with reading,
> however, with certain writing styles I can get easily distracted. If there
> isn't enough information that I feel compelled to acquire I generally just
> give up and read something else. That is exactly the effect that Sawyer
> provides. However, now I feel somewhat compelled to go back dig out
> Calculating God. I guess I never got to the thought-provoking bit.

Mmm...I'm mildlyh interested in his Homonids series, but the review of it
i saw (in an ezine) came from a writer who really doesnt like hrd sf
because of all the technical explanations.

> I personally think that Baxter deserves the right to be included in any list
> of "B's" of any distinction "Killer" or otherwise. I need to finish off the
> Manifold series I think I got sidetracked somewhere in the middle of "Origin"
> but it might have been towards the beginning. If you are at all interested in
> the Fermi question this is a series you don't want to miss.
>
> It's well written to boot.

I've only read Manifold:Time and that one was enough of a whopper to throw
me off kilter for weeks. Fascinating, but deeply disturbing. It does
contain deliberate references to '2001' and is a kind of tribute to
'Childhood's End' (especially the ending which really freaked me.)
Manifold:Space from what I've heard can be just as depressing (somebody on
Amazon called it 'nihilistic') but the Fermi Paradox IS
depressing...Before that, I'd read Moonseed....Gee, this guy likes blowing
things up. The Earth, the solar system, the whole universe!

Kristin

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!