> I've only read Manifold:Time and that one was enough of a whopper to throw
> me off kilter for weeks. Fascinating, but deeply disturbing. It does
> contain deliberate references to '2001' and is a kind of tribute to
> 'Childhood's End' (especially the ending which really freaked me.)
> Manifold:Space from what I've heard can be just as depressing (somebody on
> Amazon called it 'nihilistic') but the Fermi Paradox IS
> depressing...Before that, I'd read Moonseed....Gee, this guy likes blowing
> things up. The Earth, the solar system, the whole universe!
>
> Kristin

Kristen, what do you mean..depressing? I found it exillerating.

Also, I am afraid I don't read much but hard sci-fi. Anything less boars me
to the point I don't care. I did finaly read the last book in the Tolkien
series (and the first 2 over again) becouse I didn't want to wait for the
movie. Talk about depressing. I think I will stick to hard sci-fi technical
and non-fiction.

=====