At 19:46 21-10-2002 -0500, Robert Seeberger wrote:

How many months would the UN last if the US decided to pull out of the UN?
Not very many I wouldnt think.
I think you would be surprised to see how long it would last. I think the US often overestimates it importance to the world.

Heck, it might even have a positive effect on the UNSC if the US would pull out of the UN: one less country that can (and will) frustrate the UNSC decision-making process by abusing its veto power to protect its friends and its own interests.

Jeroen "Positive side-effect" van Baardwijk