At 20:12 29-10-2002 -0500, John Giorgis wrote:

Latest projected vote count:
YES (Nine Needed for Passage):
United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Bulgaria, Colombia, Singapore,
Mauritius
Note that he lists seven countries here.

At 08:32 30-10-2002 -0500, he wrote:

Democracies on the UNSC:

Yes:
US, UK, Norway, Bulgaria, Colombia, Mauritius

No:
None
Note that he now lists only *six* countries (the country missing here is Singapore).

Also note that his previous postings on the UN suggest that he believes non-democratic countries should not have a vote in the more-or-less democratic UN because those countries are not democratic themselves.

So, what do we have here? We have one hell of an inconsistency in JDG's beliefs. When Cameroon (which he calls a dictatorship) might vote *against* America's proposal, he is opposed to a dictatorship having a vote (which may or may not be a decisive vote). Yet, when an other dictatorship (Singapore) votes in favour of what the US wants, he has no problem with it that said country is a dictatorship...

In the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson: d'oh!

Jeroen "Voting is so much easier with Iraqi democracy" van Baardwijk