Erik Rueter wrote:

>5 figures a month would mean a minimum of $120K a year, right? I thought
>that was not all that unusual at McKinsey. Now that I know that, I guess
>I should have more sympathy for McKinsey employees :-)

Ye gods, but that is an obscene amount of money.

Brings up a point of curiousity for me: what sort of money, exactly, do
people make? I know in a vague way what my parents gross, but since
they're running their own business that doesn't mean much. Last I heard,
once business expenses were subtracted, we were somewhere under 20k a
year but that still doesn't mean much... and, now that I think of it,
isn't necessarily right either. Gah. Myself, I thought I was doing great
when I was making £240 a week (about $350) for 60 hours a week or so of
work... when I start working this January, realistically, I'm going to be
paid whatever my parents can afford to pay me, but practically I think
the going wage for a trained herdsman is 15-20k.

Er, is that not a lot?

Kat "Money? What's that?" Feete

-----
"What you have to remember is that in the movies
there are two types of people 1) the directors,
artists, actors and so on who have to do things
and are often quite human and 2) the other lifeforms.
Unfortunately you have to deal with the other lifeforms
first. It is impossible to exaggerate their baleful stupidity."
                                         - Terry Pratchett