In a message dated 11/30/2002 6:09:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Well, apparently Jeroen's not taking serious bids - I offered $2.50
>  and it was rejected.

Your bid is on the webpage, so it must be a valid bid. If no one else bids
higher, then you probably have the right to accept or reject the reserve
price, and Jeroen also has the right to not sell because the reserve price
was not met in the auction.

It may not be treated as a serious bid, but if it is listed it is a valid
bid.
This would only be interesting if there were no higher bids, and then after
the auction was over, Jeroen refused to sell to you at his reserve price.
Then again, no one has the right to demand to know the reserve price if
that price has not been met.

My brain hurts.

I'm going to wait for Brin-L.tv where everything is done in script format
with hand pupet spokesbeings as the newsanchors.

William Taylor