On
> Behalf Of William T Goodall
> Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 8:08 PM
> To: BRIN-L
> Subject: Re: Domain Name BRIN-L.COM For Sale
>
> on 30/11/02 10:06 pm, J. van Baardwijk at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

>> As both my presence and everything I have done for this community are
>> obviously not appreciated, I am not exactly overflowing with a desire
>> spend even more time and money than I already have on building and
>> maintaining an extensive website for and about this community.
>>
>> THEREFORE:
>>
>> From www.brin-l.com:
>>
>> The domain name BRIN-L.COM is now for sale.
>
> Not a good idea Jeroen. It makes you (look like) a squatter, and
having had
> someone squat on one of my domain names (with a blackmail price of
$300) I
> don't feel kindly about that.

Four comments:

1. I would assume that Yahoo/Geocities removed brin-l.com from their
site for a TOS violation on its posted pages.  Anyone posting a bid on
brin-l.com should be advised that this is probably what happened
(although I could, of course, be wrong).  If this is what happened, said
prior violation *may* interfere with your ability to re-register that
domain with them.  I'm no expert on these matters, but if I were
bidding, I'd personally want to see Jeroen's complete correspondence (if
any) with Yahoo/Geocities on this matter before deciding on a price.
Then again, I'm not bidding. :-)

2. Jeroen bought (and used) the Brin-L.com domain.  He has a right to
sell it if he no longer has need for it.  We may prefer that he offer it
at cost, but to offer it at bid is entirely his right and prerogative.
Remember, he could have sat on brin-l.com through next year and kept us
from using it for list purposes.

3. We don't really need brin-l.com, and I think that it's foolish for
any of us to continue to spend money on it.  Therefore:  I suggest that
we speak with Nick Arnett about the possibility of using the Brin-L
section of the mccmedia website as an exclusive source of information on
Brin-l.  The list is, after all, hosted on mccmedia, and the brin pages
could then also be sent to search engines.  I further suggest that if
Erik is willing, that the brin-l.org site be launched as a redirect site
to mccmedia.  Both of these options could be launched without additional
expense.  If brin-l.org requires a bi-annual outlay we can discuss
contributions to this in the future.

4. I think that if Jeroen wants to use brin-l.com as a 'bitch site' then
he's entitled to do so.  If he does, we always have other options we can
employ.

Jon
"Losers assemble in little groups to share their misery and bitch about
the coaches and the guys in other little groups."    Winners assemble as
a team.
~DENVER BRONCOS SIGN~