At 04:35 PM 12/4/02 -0600, Reggie Bautista wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/04/film.smith.reut/index.html
or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E299429A2

    NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Fox has booked Will Smith
    to star in sci-fier "I, Robot," an adaptation of
    the 1940s Isaac Asimov short-story collection
    that set the groundwork for robot films ranging
    from "The Terminator" to "A.I.," Variety reports.

[snip]

    The movie is a futuristic thriller in which a
    detective investigates a crime that might have
    been perpetrated by a robot, even though that
    seems an impossibility given those three
    prevailing rules [the three laws of robotics].

    "The big idea here is that if the robots have
    found a way to violate the laws, there is
    nothing to stop them from taking over, because
    the human race is so dependent on robots and
    automation," said 20th Century Fox film president
    Hutch Parker.

Reggie Bautista
VFP I was hoping for a Susan Calvin movie

Perhaps Will Smith in drag?

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle