In a message dated 12/6/2002 6:54:07 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  That story idea is *very* close to another book that I read about aliens
>  plotting and kidnapping a airliner load of kids and taking them to Charon.
>  Can't recall the name of the book or the author, but can look it up if
>  anyone is interested.

1632 is closer. Dr. Brin's is a pick up of the actual high school building
and surrounding blocks and dumping it on another planet. 1632 dumped a West
Virginian town into 17th century Germany, but the plot, unfortunately,
started in a high school.

Look it up. The history teacher at the school spouts off SF references every
now and then--at least in the part I got to read.

Under our good Dr. Brin's definitions of wannabe writers, I'm a self admitted
Frankenstein. I like to think up dirty tricks and twists. At characterization
and original plot ideas I'm about a zero.

William Taylor