----- Original Message -----
From: "Reggie Bautista" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: I Robot, NOT

> Alberto (I think) wrote:
> >_Starship Troopers_-the-movie is a Masterpiece!!! One of the best movies
> >ever made!!!
>
> Can we assume you are kidding?  Please?
>
> If not, can we assume you've never read the book and that's why you liked
> that piece of film-making dreck? :-)

Personally, I think the movie is superior to the book.  The book takes
itself seriously.  Heinlein actually believed in the theme of Starship
Trooper.  He also believed in incest, yuck.  I really like some of his
works, like the Moon is a Harsh Mistress, but I only enjoyed his later
stuff and Starship Trooper with a clothespin.

Dan M.