Eat at a good restaurant.  See a Broadway show.  If you only do those two
things, you'll get plenty of NY.

Other traditional things to experience the Big Apple might be:

* Skating at Rockefeller Center.
* Going to the Empire State Building observation deck.
* See Grand Central Station, or even Penn Station.
* Visiting the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (which is developing a
nice museum, not to mention its database)
* Have a corned beef sandwich.
* Ride the Staten Island Ferry (it's free!).
* Wander through Times Square (where you can get great show tickets at the
last minute).  Go uptown far enough to see the Ed Sullivan Theater,
Letterman's home.
* Take a Hansom cab (horse-drawn carriage) ride.
* Take the subway somewhere (being careful to avoid going somewhere you
didn't mean to).
* Eat at another good restaurant and see another show!
* Go when GWB is in town and experience the joys of "Presidential Gridlock."
* Pay $400 a night for a room where you can touch the opposite walls at the
same time...

Nick

--
Nick Arnett