At 11:55 PM 12/26/2002 -0800 Doug Pensinger wrote:
>Violence and intimidation might be successful short term measures, but
>they will ultimately fail.

I'm not sure how you can say this with such absolute certainty.

64 years ago, Neville Chamberlain might have made the same argument in
seeking "peace in our time" with Nazi Germany, as might any number of
isolationists in the US Senate.    Yet, I think that the verdict of history
is clear that the course of violence and intimidation ultimately *succeeded*.

It is one of the interesting sidenotes ot history that one rarely speaks of
the opposition to the Second World War anymore - but it certainly existed,
and I can't help but feel that those who are opposing the current Great War
will find themselves in the same historical dustbin as those who opposed
the Second World War.

JDG
John D. Giorgis         -               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
People everywhere want to say what they think; choose who will govern
them; worship as they please; educate their children -- male and female;
 own property; and enjoy the benefits of their labor. These values of
freedom are right and true for every person,  in every society -- and the
duty of protecting these values against their enemies is the common
calling of freedom-loving people across the globe and across the ages.
                -US National Security Policy, 2002