The Fiefdom of Tamarack

Motto: "The higher, the fewer."
UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Average
Economy: Strong
Political Freedoms: Some
Location: the South Pacific (moving to a galaxy near you!)

The Fiefdom of Tamarack is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The tiny government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Trout Farming, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Gambling industries.

Crime is a serious problem. Tamarack's national animal is the red squirrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the doodad.

Not at all what I wanted when I started, but that's okay.

Kevin T.
Where's my crown of jacks?