--- Ronn! Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Julia Thompson wrote:
<snip>
> >OK, I'm going to date myself (or profess cultural
> illiteracy!) and ask who Ben Casey is.

<<http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/B/htmlB/bencasey/bencasey.htm>>

"...During their work at County General, Casey and his
colleagues came into contact with representatives from
every level of society. Part of that contact was
learning about and making judgments on certain
societal issues and problems. Racial tension, drug
addiction, the plight of immigrants, child abuse, and
euthanasia were a few of the issues treated in Ben
Casey..."

Some things haven't changed in these past 40 years...

Another medical-themed show I remember watching was
_Julia_ (you have to click on J, then _Julia_ to get
to the page).
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/index.html

"The series revolved around the lives of Julia Baker,
(Diahann Carroll) a widowed black nurse and her young
son, Corey (Marc Copage). Julia's husband had been
killed in a helicopter crash in Vietnam, and the
series began with the now fatherless Baker family
moving into an integrated apartment building in Los
Angeles while Julia secured employment at the medical
offices of Astrospace Industries..."

Debbi