Wow.  I guess nobody reads.  But to be fair, I find it hard to remember
characters' names from SF books...I remember authors and titles, but
except for a handful I tend to forget characters very quickly.

1.  Hiro Protagonist, Stephenson, Snow Crash
2.  "The surfer who rides a tidal wave into a skyscraper," Niven,
Lucifer's Hammer.
3. ...

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, The Fool wrote:

> Top SF Characters Ranked
>
> SFX magazine has published a list of the top 10 science-fiction
> characters of all time, as determined by a poll of readers. The results
> of the poll include four characters from UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer,
> two from the SCI FI Channel's Farscape and two from Star Wars. The number
> one spot went to British SF legend Doctor Who.
> The complete top 10 list follows:
>
> 1. Doctor Who (Doctor Who)
>
> 2. Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
> 3. Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
> 4. John Crichton (Farscape)
> 5. Aeryn Sun (Farscape)
> 6. Han Solo (the Star Wars saga)
> 7. Willow Rosenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
> 8. Darth Vader (the Star Wars saga)
> 9. Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
> 10. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
>
> http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue298/news.html

Marvin Long
Austin, Texas
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Poindexter & Ashcroft, LLP (Formerly the USA)

http://www.breakyourchains.org/john_poindexter.htm