On 5 Feb 2003 at 10:30, Sonja van Baardwijk-Holten wrote:

> This was neither necessary, nor called for. In my opinion JDG didn't

It was humour. Something this list has been badly lacking

> add any content to the discussion, there were no new facts, no new
> viewpoints. In fact I'd say this is flame bait of the worst sort. JDG

Yup. But then again, I'd expect you to flame it, frankly. And you
have. Congrats on that one. Lemmie restate - it's humour.

> should know that this kind of phrasing will be viewed by the opponent

If you view it that way (opponent), then I don't think you should be
throwing round IAAMOAC.

I don't believe in IAAMOAC in any case - if you call what we have a
society, then the world's a sick place. For a deacent societal model
I refer you to _Freehold_, which is to be published by Baen in
september. I have the snippets of the first few chapters if anyone is
interested as they're no longer on Baen's Bar.

Andy

Dawn Falcon