"J. van Baardwijk" wrote:

> At 10:07 10-2-2003 -0500, Jon Gabriel wrote:
>
> >3) Check your local university library for programming textbooks.  (Unsure
> >if this would be helpful in Korea?)
>
> Not useful where I live, anyway. Our local university (Eindhoven University
> of Technology) has a library but AFAIK you have to be either a student or
> an employee if you want to borrow books there.

I'm an active (read: membership paid up) member of the alumni association at
UT.  I can get borrowing priviledges at the libraries there.  They're a
little restricted (2 weeks instead of 3, frex), but it gives me access to
borrowing materials from a really good library system.

The only drawback is my lending card expired awhile back and it'll take up
to an hour at the PCL (I expect less than a handful of people to get that
reference) to get it done.  Maybe when the alert status goes down, we might
make a family expedition and have both Dan & I renew our lending cards, one
of us renewing while the other keeps a certain toddler occupied.  (Or maybe
he'll crash out on the way there and will be content to sleep in a
stroller.  We can always hope....)

        Julia