Jon wrote about consequences, not blame.  And now, unsolicited advice...
You'd be a lot happier, I'm certain, if you could figure out how to drop
your concerns about blame, focusing instead on the things you're responsible
for.

I know a man whose father was severely abusive.  Like most kids in that
situation, he "acted out," getting involved in sleazy sex, drugs, violence
and so forth.  The greatest peace he ever found was when he tracked down his
father and apologized for his *response* to his father's abuse.  He had
decided to stop feeling sorry for himself and blaming his father for
everything wrong in his life.  The really wonderful thing is that by doing
so, he opened the door for his father to apologize to him.  It sounds
entirely backwards -- a child apologizing for behavior that was "caused" by
his father's abuse.  But I can tell you from first-hand experience that it
brings far, far more peace than assuming that because the other person is to
blame, that's the end of the story.  I'm not the man I described at the
beginning of this paragraph, but I know him fairly well and have followed in
his footsteps as well as I've been able.  I would recommend it to others,
although it is far from easy.  So, there, some more unsolicited advice.
Deal with your own response to others' abuse first; that's the way
relationships heal and grow.

But it means dropping the addiction -- really, an addiction, with endorphine
production, etc. -- to self-righteousness.

> I have *proven* myself capable of taking action that is intended to cause
> real life harm? Exactly what actions might that be, and who suffered what
> real life harm because of them?

Any idea how many hours I spent making sure my server was secure after you
tried to break into it?  How much time others have spent wondering if you
really would do some of the awful things you have threateded, taking steps
to ensure their safety.  Please don't pretend that you haven't behaved
outrageously here at times; no one who was here or reads the archives will
buy it.  If you've forgotten those things, then my concern is that you
haven't really changed and we might have to go through that sort of
difficulty again, which would be the last time.  Take that as a threat or a
consequence, however you like, but that's where I've drawn the line.