--- Nick Arnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> The antibiotics end today!  And speaking of Google,
> I was somewhat bothered
> by the fact that when I searched on one of the
> antibiotics I'm taking
> (Flagyl, which *sounds* horrible just for starters),
> I mostly saw references
> to ferrets, dogs and cats.  Wondered if I saw a vet
> at Kaiser.  Apparently,
> ferrets will just go crazy trying to get Flagyl out
> of their mouths.

<LOL>
It's an older antibiotic, but it's very good against
anaerobic bacteria, so is frequently used in gut
infections.  It has less of a tendency than some other
antibiotics to cause an overgrowth of _Clostridium
difficile_ (a nasty bug), but IIRC can give a terrible
taste to the mouth, and a *dreadful* reaction if you
take alcohol while it's in your system.

Debbi
GSV Mother-of-all-Hangovers