On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 05:43:38PM -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:

> For congressional districts, if there's a bias one way or the other,
> you go with the group more heavily weighted in your district.
>
> I think that Marvin's congressman would do well to court the
> peaceniks.  My congressman would do a lot better to court the hawks.
> I'm basing this on what sort of people are more likely to live in each
> district.

I think the war decision is mostly dependent on the President, even if
Congress technically has the power to declare war. Anyway, I can't see
Congress going against the Commander-in-chief on this. So, if you are
going to subdivide things, I don't see how Congressional districts are
relevant. It should either be the US as a whole, or possibly by state.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/