On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> As was mine.  If you'll look carefully at my "rant," you'll notice that I
> tried hard to be equally hard on extremists on both sides of the issue.

Mm hm.  It did seem like a sincerely asked question, though.

> >liberal version NRA - call it the Commie-Queer Bleeding Heart Rifle
> >Association - would perform the positive functions of the NRA with respect
> >to sport and safety without crawling into bed with the NRA's political
> >bedfellows.
>
> So when are you going to tell us how to join?

Send me a check for $29.95, and in addition to your own genuine
inkjet-printed membership card to the Commie-Queer Bleeding Heart Rifle
Association, you'll also get FREE with your membership an official CQBHRA
T-shirt with the slogan, "I'm Black/White/Brown/Yellow/Red/Peach-ish/
Coffee-colored/Left-Leaning/Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Transgendered/anti-fundamentalist/
anti-groupthink/pro-pleasure/pro-individual/pro-society
and I have a gun.  BOO!!"

DISCLAIMER:  Members of the CQBHRA are not required to be communist or
queer, but you might get invited to some interesting parties if you are.
Membership in the CQBHRA does not guarantee bleeding but leaving a gun
where a child can reach it might.  Recent intellectual property rulings
state that receiving an idea of a t-shirt is equivalent to receiving a
t-shirt itself, so members will not receive an actual t-shirt; rather,
they will be licensed to produce one t-shirt with the CQBHRA slogan per
fully paid membership fee.  Shooting the piano player is permitted only
after the third performance of "The Entertainer" in an evening.  Shooting
the bagpipe player is never permitted; however, ravishing the bagpipe
player is encouraged as an alternative means of stopping him or her
playing according to the 2001 Act in Support of the Performing Arts as
passed by the Scottish Parliament.  To discourage road rage, use public
transportation.  To discourage public transportation rage, let fellow
passengers see the grip of the "concealed" Sig Sauer poking from your
stylishly half-opened jacket.  There is no sex in the Champagne Room and
nobody will give you one hundred dollars for responding to their e-mail.
Possession of elected office does not guarantee election.  George Lucas's
beard hasn't fooled anyone into thinking that's actually his neck down
there since 1983.  Yes, I am a pervy Hobbit-fancier, but there's nothing
wrong with that.  Sam will probably kill me.

Marvin Long
Austin, Texas
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Poindexter & Ashcroft, LLP (Formerly the USA)

http://www.breakyourchains.org/john_poindexter.htm