--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kevin Tarr wrote:
>

> > Cheese and Rice isn't it obvious? They do not
> elect their leaders,
>
> Who is it they elect in their elections?

Actually, Iranian moderates have consistently won the
elections held in Iran.  The only reason it's still a
problem is that the theocrats still have all the
power.  Indeed, I've been told by people who have
spent time in Iran that:
1. The US is extremely popular there and
2. The population is just waiting for the government
to fall

Quite a few people think that the shock of a rapid US
victory in Iraq might well topple the Iranian
government.  I'm not that optimistic.  A continued
American presence on Iran's border, however, might
well do that in a relatively short span of time.

Gautam