* Erik Reuter [Mon, 17/03/2003 at 12:23 -0500]
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 06:20:33PM +0100, Jean-Marc Chaton wrote:
> > I rephrase it : in the event of a war terrorism will increase
>
> Long term, I think you're wrong. We will never be able to prove it
> either way, but I think the onus is on you to prove your point, since
> you are arguing that the direct approach, i.e., attack terrorists and
> criminals, will actually produce more, rather than less, terrorists.

I think we're slipping here, my main point was, I quote :

   "on an other hand any innocent live taken in the process will refuel
   the spiral of revenge an retaliation that is the ground for
   terrorism."

I'm not arguing and have never argued against direct attack on terrorists.

<light tone>
 But don't be afraid, I'm not going to say I've been offended and
 require public apology
</light tone>

> Would you care to give examples of wars of liberation which have
> produced greater terrorist activity for longer than a year or two after
> the war?

I was just expriming an opinion, I'm not fighting beak and nails for
others to share the same opinion or to make the point. I don't have the
intellectual abilities for that.

--
Jean-Marc