On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Julia Thompson wrote:

> > Erik:
> > I was thinking along the lines of terrorists in the country who managed
> > to pick up the materials from an incoming cargo container. But I don't
> > know enough details about whether that would be possible. Do you?
>
> How much Tom Clancy have you read?

Others have beaten me to it, but my immediate thought was to string off a
list of possibilities including faked manifests, dummy corporations,
suborned and bribed inspectors, employees, states, etc.  :-)  Smaller
quantities of bad stuff would presumably need less elaborate preparations.
It does seem to me, though, that once you talk about using a something
like a nerve agent in small enough quantities, one might as well just get
creative at the local sporting goods store.  Multiple Washington-sniper
type attacks all across the country using different makes and models of
cars and weapons would be just as effective as multiple sarin gas attacks
and probably a hell of a lot cheaper, with better odds of repeatability.

Marvin Long
Austin, Texas
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Poindexter & Ashcroft, LLP (Formerly the USA)

http://www.breakyourchains.org/john_poindexter.htm