At 18:24 16-03-03 -0600, Ronn Blankenship wrote:

Er, John, I think you need to read up on how a democracy works. In a democracy, decisions are not made by the populace but by the politicians that were elected by the populace.

No, that is the definition of a _republic_.

That's not entirely correct. In The Netherlands, our politicians have been elected by the populace, and decisions are made by those politicians. However, The Netherlands is NOT a republic -- it's a democracy (with a constitutional monarchy).

Jeroen "Political Observations" van Baardwijk