Hey Jeroen,

On Friday, March 21, 2003 12:02 PM you wrote:

> At 07:56 21-03-03 -0800, Nick Arnett wrote:
>
> > > I am considering buying two books on Red Hat Linux 7.2:
> >
> >Do you know that RH 8.0 has been released, and it is a fair bit different
> >from 7.x?
>
> Yes and no. Yes, I know RH 8.0 has been released, but no, I am not yet
> familiar with the differences. And right know, after spending some time
> sitting in the sun and enjoying a few glasses of red wine, I'm too lazy to
> find out. <Hick. Burp.>   :-)
>
> The reason I explicitly mentioned RH 7.2 is that I recently bought a box
> set of RH 7.2 Professional on the cheap (EUR 35, down from EUR 235). Given
> the price I already figured a new version must have been released, but for
> an absolute newbie who just wanted to get acquainted with Linux, this was
> an offer I just couldn't refuse.

Have you ever heard that saying "Real men don't eat quiche?", well,
...there's
something similar about Linux: "Real geeks use Slackware!"

Anyway, it's too late now, I think you would have learned a lot more if
you'd gone the Slackware route -- any other distribution makes it too easy,
and you don't get to really *know* Linux.

Cheers!
--
Han Tacoma <- getting into his bunker to avoid flames and bombs :-)

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~