iaamoac wrote:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Matthew and Julie Bos wrote:
> > >
> > > Go Spartans!
> >
> > Them's fighting words!
> >
> > Now, which tournament are you talking about -- the men's or the
> women's?
> >
> >       Julia
> >
> > wondering what happens if both winning teams are from the same
> school,
> > besides the city going totally *nuts* over it
>
> I'd guess not much, since women's basketball just isn't in the same
> conversation as men's basketball.
>
> JDG - GO SYRACUSE!

Well, the women's basketball team seems to be the most-covered women's
team at UT, and we've had a darn good coach *without* tons of controversy
(unlike some of the *men's* athletic programs I could name), and when
they're doing well in the tournament, it's news *here*.  Of course, it is
overshadowed by how well the men are doing this year, but if both won
their championships, you'd have a bigger reaction in Austin than if only
the men did.

        Julia