5. I was unaware of the shipment of advanced Russian anti-tank missiles to Iraq, possibly via Syria. Of all of the developments of the war so far, this may be the most worrisome, and the most undercovered by the mainstream press.

From what I've heard those missiles are far from "advanced." The only missile identified in the news reports I have access to is the "Sagger" or AT-3, an early generation ATGM with a useful warhead against lighter armored vehicles, though hindered by an antiquated guidance system.

If you have information (i.e. identification) of the actual ATGM I would be very curious to hear.

BTW, I agree thoroughly with this post; anyone who thinks this is going poorly despite a few setbacks is obviously not a student of military history.

Damon.
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: Ace's BRDM-1