--- David Hobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[I wrote]

> > Not incidently, some women will have a little
blood
> > with ovulation (the egg ruptures through the
> ovarian
> > surface, and can cause pain ("mitleschmirtz*") as
> >well as some bleeding), and if she has an irregular
> cycle, she might interpret this as menses.
> >
> > Debbi
> > Because We're Women And We're Unpredictable! Maru
> ;)
> > *spelling?

> Google as a spellchecker; here's what I got in
> response to the query:
>
> Did you mean: mittelschmerz

Yes.

http://www.emedicine.com/aaem/topic310.htm
"Mittelschmerz (pronounced MITT-ul-schmurz) is a
German word that means middle pain. The pain occurs
during ovulation. Pain appears on one side of the
lower abdomen midway between menstrual periods. The
location is determined by which ovary has produced the
ovum that month. It can show up on one side of the
abdomen one month and switch to the opposite side
during the following cycle.

"Among women, 20% experience mittelschmerz. Most of
the time it is a mild annoyance. In rare instances, it
can be debilitating...."

Debbi
who can be lazy as well as unpredictable   ;)